Becoming an American citizen can bring you several advantages, as you will be able to enjoy the privileges offered by the government. American citizenship can be obtained either by birth or by naturalization. If you were not born in the USA and if your parents were not American citizens at the time of your birth, you will have to opt for the naturalization process. Citizenship or naturalization can be granted in the following cases:
- Foreign children of North American citizens by birth or naturalization who meet the eligibility requirements.
- People who apply for naturalization based on time as permanent legal residents and meet the eligibility requirements to become American citizens.
- People who apply for naturalization based on their marriage to an American citizen and meet the eligibility requirements for naturalization through marriage.
- Some members of the US armed forces and their families.
- People who work abroad for certain entities, including the United States Government, meet the requirements and eligibility for certain exceptions to the general naturalization requirements.
If you fall into one of these situations, you can apply for American citizenship or naturalization, as long as you meet certain requirements. The requirements are different for each case and that is why you need specialized help to ensure that the process runs smoothly. The Clasen Immigration Law office has a team specialized in immigration law that can help you in all stages of the process.